If you decide to comment on Ex Back Permanently, here are some guidelines you should follow:
1. Please make sure you have read the articles thoroughly before deciding to ask a question. It’s possible that whatever question you have to ask is already answered in the article. If the article doesn’t answer your question, read the FAQ section of the website.
2. Make sure you use proper spelling when writing your comment. Don’t use short spellings as is commonly used in text messages. For example, instead of writing “he tld me u r the only 1 fr me”; write “he told me you are the only one for me.” It’s important because the former is not only hard to read, but it also decreases the overall quality of the website. If you use proper spellings, it will be easier for me to read your comment and reply to it.
3. Avoid using CAPS throughout your comment. As much as you wish to emphasize on the importance of your message, it will only make you look like you are shouting angrily.
4. Please try to use proper grammar. I will be the first to admit that I am not perfect when it comes to grammar and spellings. And believe me, I am not a Grammar Nazi. However, sometimes it becomes extremely hard to read or understand a comment because of bad grammar.
5. Keep your comment as short as possible. I know since most people want to share their story, they usually end up posting lengthy comments that look like essays. You may feel the need to write about your relationship and breakup in great details to get a proper answer, but it takes a long time for me to read through all that information and reduces the likelihood of your comment being replied to. Here are some things you can do to keep the comments as short as possible:
a) Don’t write about the irrelevant details. For example, how you and your ex met, the fight you had 5 months ago (unless it contributed to the breakup), how you had a great time at your first year anniversary, first kiss, etc. Details that are not relevant to the breakup and/or getting back together is not really necessary for me to reply to your comment.
b) If you have a specific question, think about it first and then post the details only related to the question.
6. Make sure you include your age, your ex’s age, and the length of the relationship in your comment. It helps me evaluate the situation better.
7. Please use paragraphs. The text becomes unreadable if it’s a 500 word comment without any paragraphs. But it’s a lot easier to read if you break it into small paragraphs.
8. If you are NOT posting for the first time (perhaps updating me on your current situation or you are replying to me), please find your original comment thread and post your comment there. It becomes hard for me to track our conversation history and reduces the likelihood of prompt replies if everyone decided to post new comments instead of replying to their original post.
9. Everyone’s situation is different, with some having better chances than others. As much as I want you to get your ex back, I will remain honest in my replies to avoid giving anyone false hopes. However, just because you did not like my response or it wasn’t what you wanted to hear, avoid double posting in another article hoping to get a different reply. This will end up looking like spam and your comment will be deleted. If you genuinely want a second opinion, you could always go to our forums and create a thread there instead.
I seek your co-operation in following these guidelines as they not only maintain the overall quality of the website, but also makes it easier for me or my team to read your comment and reply promptly. Comments that do not follow these guidelines may be deleted at our discretion.